2015 ጁን 12, ዓርብ

The Moja Man’s Friday

In the afternon of Friday, June the 5th 2015, I headed to Adarash Arake, a famous liquor house, in Kebele two of Debre Birhan. Two liters of strong arake, a liquor from Ethiopia, I bought there and headed to the capital, Addis Ababa. On my way, I remembered my grandparents who walked for days all the way from Tegulet to Addis to attend the weddings of their land owner's children. These landowners included Leul Ras Imru and his sisters. After I finished the 130 kilometer journey, I went to Addis Gursha, a restaurant located next to Harmony hotel. The city I knew for the last 12 or so years looks different. I was just unable to find the places I had know easily. Most of the marks I knew were not there, so I had to ask the passers-by for help. Since I was an hour early, I had to wait for the guests and the couple to be wed there at the restaurant drinking soft drink. I had to pay 17 Birr for what cost me 1.50 in 2005 in the same town. In the mean time, guests started to come and chat about the wedding and personal business. As we were sitting in the veranda of Addis Gursha, both Amharic and English music kept flowing to our ears alternately. From PSI Ethiopia’s office located opposite where we were, in wedding dress emerge Erica and Shrunas with their bridesmaids and best men. It was me who saw them first and told the crowd with me about their coming. Soon, we started singing Amharic wedding songs. We got together with them at the main room and then headed to the veranda. The Rasta Addis Gursha owner congratulated the couple and welcomed us all. Erica’s and Shrunas’s coworkers, peace corps volunteers and other invited guests were there at the wedding. In my culture, Friday and June are not believed to be good for weddings to take place. That was why some of my friends did not believe me when I told them that I was going to a wedding. It is believed that the couple would not enjoy a happy life. However, I wish that these two enjoy life to the brim and accomplish their hearts’ wishes. The people drank what was provided and even some of them tasted my Debre Birhan liqor. I didn’t reserve a room, so I had to leave early. I left after a few hours to look for a room. A young man I met on the road showed me where to find and I found one. Again, I wish Erica and Shrunas a happy time together!

ምንም አስተያየቶች የሉም:

አስተያየት ይለጥፉ

በመንግሥት ወደ ወለጋ ከተወሰዱ በኋላ ዛሬ በግላቸው ደብረብርሃን የገቡት አዛውንት የዓይን ምስክርነት

  በመንግሥት ወደ ወለጋ ከተወሰዱ በኋላ ዛሬ በግላቸው ደብረብርሃን የገቡት አዛውንት የዓይን ምስክርነት ረቡዕ፣ የካቲት 20፣ 2016 ዓ.ም. መዘምር ግርማ ደብረብርሃን   ዛሬ ረፋድ አዲስ አበባ ላምበረ...