2023 ኤፕሪል 4, ማክሰኞ

Aye, My People

Aye, My People

Mezemir G.

Yesterday, while I was talking to a fellow teacher we raised Mehal Amba Hospital. It was me who mentioned Mr. Samuel. My friend told me that Mr. Samuel passed away a few months ago. I felt as if I was slapped. I felt sorry for that hospital administrative staff member. My friend understood that and even promised to take me to Mr. Samuel’s family to console them. I know that I knew only the man and not his family, so going there would have no meaningful impact.     

Mr Samuel was in his late fifties. I liked the way he treated me and how he liked learned people. I went to the hospital he worked at with an English Social Worker who volunteered at the hospital for six months. At this time of privacy and busy schedules, we don’t have time to check who is where and what happened to them. Especially in big or medium-sized cities, we have little or no opportunities to get information on the whereabouts of acquaintances.

“You know how I came to know Mr. Samuel?” I said to my friend. He waited to hear.

“I met him when we volunteered to donate blood. But I better knew him through an English friend who volunteered at the hospital.”

“Was there any? Why didn’t I know?”

“May be you didn’t see him. The English volunteer would take us to clubs and we enjoyed. Mr. Samuel came a few times.”

“It is a rare opportunity to see the elderly at a club.”

“Sure. Above all, Mr Samuel insisted I visited the church he served as a minister.”

“Did you go then?”

“As you know I don’t go to church. If I have to go to church, why would I seek a new one? I kept telling him this but he wouldn’t understand me.”

“I couldn’t believe when they told me that Mr. Samuel converted back to Orthodox Christianity a month before his death.”

“You don’t mean it!”

“It is for real. They said that he believed those people who said the holy water would save him from death. It didn’t and then he was buried at the Orthodox Church.”

“I can’t believe this! I even heard that he was not born Samuel. It is said that he changed it when he became a Protestant minister.”    

ምንም አስተያየቶች የሉም:

አስተያየት ይለጥፉ

በመንግሥት ወደ ወለጋ ከተወሰዱ በኋላ ዛሬ በግላቸው ደብረብርሃን የገቡት አዛውንት የዓይን ምስክርነት

  በመንግሥት ወደ ወለጋ ከተወሰዱ በኋላ ዛሬ በግላቸው ደብረብርሃን የገቡት አዛውንት የዓይን ምስክርነት ረቡዕ፣ የካቲት 20፣ 2016 ዓ.ም. መዘምር ግርማ ደብረብርሃን   ዛሬ ረፋድ አዲስ አበባ ላምበረ...