2015 ሴፕቴምበር 21, ሰኞ

Thesis Pains




Class work over
Proposal over
Research money comes
Thesis work starts
Hard work darts
Gripping my senses

This, that, those, I read
Time wasted
Unfocused
To the target
Not yet

Hurry
Library
Kennedy
Embassy
Graduate 
ILS
IES
Upstairs
Downstairs

Buy old books
Seek rare ones
Biherawi
Piazza
Mercato
Lagar
Book world
New ones
Book centre
Book Bazaar

In those last days of the month
I am happy because salary comes
Sad because the month is over
And deadline is nearer

Day and night
Read, write
Write, read,
Write, delete
My advisor
The worst dictator
The pace of time and my paper
Totally improper
“I have finished chapter three,”
Classmates say to me
Knowingly or unknowingly
This made me angry

For my nagging landlady
I tutored her child for free
In my busiest time she orders me
I had to do it to keep living there
And not waste my time looking for another 

Typing speed clumsy
Reading speed scary
But finally all is over
And I am back home again
But it will take me longer
To picture Addis without paper
And being kept busy
To forget the pot made coffee
To quote one DBU graffiti
“Without tension
No graduation”

By Mezemir Girma (mezemir.blogspot.com)
2011, Debre Birhan, Ethiopia

ምንም አስተያየቶች የሉም:

አስተያየት ይለጥፉ

በመንግሥት ወደ ወለጋ ከተወሰዱ በኋላ ዛሬ በግላቸው ደብረብርሃን የገቡት አዛውንት የዓይን ምስክርነት

  በመንግሥት ወደ ወለጋ ከተወሰዱ በኋላ ዛሬ በግላቸው ደብረብርሃን የገቡት አዛውንት የዓይን ምስክርነት ረቡዕ፣ የካቲት 20፣ 2016 ዓ.ም. መዘምር ግርማ ደብረብርሃን   ዛሬ ረፋድ አዲስ አበባ ላምበረ...