2018 ኦገስት 24, ዓርብ

Meditating by Remembering Yesterday’s Events

As any programmed, disciplined and creative person does meditation is one of my morning routines. Now, at 4:21 AM, I am just done with warming up activities. Let me think about yesterday’s events. It was early in the morning that I woke, had a breathing activity, ate a light breakfast and headed to the university. At around 6:45 I started my plan for the day.
It has been a while since Benjamin Rearick recommended me to take part in a social entrepreneurs’ competition. I directly went into my inbox and reached out for the message and followed the link. After reading the instruction that requires competitors to have ideas that go in line with the 17 SDGs, I started the activity. Personal information, entrepreneurial background, interest areas and description of the innovation were some of the information sought.
After I tried to write the 1000 word article about the problem I am addressing, I went to the English department to print the essay and reread it. There I met Firehiwot, who was surrounded by summer-in-service students. As a secretary of the department, she was answering questions the students had. She asked me why I didn’t show up this summer. I told her the reason and she inquired if I am granted the sabbatical leave. I told her that the leave has not yet materialized due to some problems.
I grabbed a two-page print-out and left for the lounge. There I reread the essay and started my editing work. I also shared the idea with an experienced teacher and got constructive comments. Up until around 2:00 I pursued the endeavor and finished successfully. It was an inspiring feat of the day.
When I arrived home, I found that my brother cooked and had a late lunch. Then after, I went to Badmas Hotel, where I met a health practitioner and a nutritionist from the university and had a good stay with them for an hour and a half. Our talk was on how to conduct a health screening and a menu planning for my Effectiveness trainees. It was an inspiring lecture that the two guys gave me. I am deeply indebted to them.
At 4:00 PM I availed myself at the Ras Abebe Aregay Library and replaced Rut, the librarian who has replaced Genet who is on a leave. The English language students did not come on this day due to their own reasons. The occasional shower might be one factor. After 11:00 the Effectiveness trainees started to come. Seven people showed up. It is a good number. Some people who have not come will be compensating in the next few days. I am inspired by this closing session of the first week training. Monday was for the pain, Wednesday the problem and Friday the solution. Everyone’s face was glowing with satisfaction and hope. We will keep meeting every MWF 5:00 – 6:30. Last night’s was until after 7:00.
I went back to Badmas and met two of my colleagues from the Psychology and Amharic departments. We had a talk on various topics and it was 9:00 when I arrived at my home. I had a late dinner and an idea crossed my mind. I thought aloud, “I can call it a day! It is Friday! Why don’t I go to the club?” I acted on this idea and headed to Sheger House Cultural Club.
I had two bottles of beer, enjoyed the music, dancing and left the club. On my way home, I saw street children sleeping on a verandah. In this chilly town, at this summer season, there are such people. I talked to the bajaj driver who brought me home and learned that there could be around a hundred people sleeping outside in the town, churches, hotels, streets and new buildings being the places they frequent. After all these activities, I came back home and gave time to my addiction – social media. It was mid night when I went to bed. After four hours, I have just woke up. As you might know, effective people should wake up early. I know my sleep was shorter tonight. However, I find it adequate and have happily started the day. Writing and remembering this has just taken me an hour. Have a nice day!           
Photo: Street children in Debre Birhan

ምንም አስተያየቶች የሉም:

አስተያየት ይለጥፉ

በመንግሥት ወደ ወለጋ ከተወሰዱ በኋላ ዛሬ በግላቸው ደብረብርሃን የገቡት አዛውንት የዓይን ምስክርነት

  በመንግሥት ወደ ወለጋ ከተወሰዱ በኋላ ዛሬ በግላቸው ደብረብርሃን የገቡት አዛውንት የዓይን ምስክርነት ረቡዕ፣ የካቲት 20፣ 2016 ዓ.ም. መዘምር ግርማ ደብረብርሃን   ዛሬ ረፋድ አዲስ አበባ ላምበረ...